Statement von Cyan

Hier gibt es Infos zu Webseiten, Userprogrammen, Veranstaltungen und Neuigkeiten von Cyan.
Antworten
Lemura
Forscher

Statement von Cyan

Beitrag von Lemura » 18.11.2005, 21:08

Grey Dragon (Cyan) hat bei UO folgendes gepostet:
Hey all,

I just wanted to come here and comment on a few things on behalf of Cyan Worlds, Inc. But first off I wanted to say it’s amazing to see what you are doing. Keep trying new things and being creative.

With that said, I'd like to try to nip something in the bud.

Cyan continues to hold out hope for Uru. We hope you guys are all with us in that. The problem is that by using Uru intellectual property (including Age names, characters, textures, models, etc.) you kind of put us in a position where we have to be the bad guy. If we don't protect our copyrights and trademarks, we may have all kinds of issues down the road - both legally and story-wise.

So it would be great if you guys could keep your creative endeavors on the original side of things - i.e. make your ages from scratch using your own wonderful imaginations. That will allow us to maintain the continuity and copyrights for Uru, if we ever get a chance to.

Remember - we named it "Until Uru" for a reason.

To give at least one specific example: these lists are not good choices for your Age names... http://www.drcsite.org/ages/ages.shtml , http://www.dpwr.net/archive.php?showcat=7

Hope you guys see this as encouraging rather than discouraging.

Thanks,

Ryan (Greydragon) Warzecha
Bild
Stefan
Forscher
KI-Nummer: 192377

Beitrag von Stefan » 18.11.2005, 21:20

Danke =) interessant zu lesen, und absolut verständlich von meiner Seite aus. Hoffe, dass sich alle daran halten und dieser freundliche Hinweis keine ernsthafteren Konsequenzen haben muss =)
Stefan
Hamsta
Forscher
KI-Nummer: 657726
Beitrag von Hamsta » 18.11.2005, 21:38

Auf deutsch steht da in etwa, dass Cyan weiterhin Hoffnung für Uru hat, dass momentan (wohl durch die ganzen Leute die ihre eigenen Welten in 3D Programmen erstellen und auch Online spielen wollen) das "geistige Eigentum" der Firma Cyan verletzt wird (indem man Namen, Charaktere, Texturen aus Uru, etc. in eigenen Welten verwendet), und da man in Zukunft ja die Geschichte aus dem Spiel weiterführen will (sofern Cyan es sich finanziel leisten kann) sollte man seine eigenen Welten nicht unter Namen die unter den beiden aufgeführten URLs aufgelistet sind veröffentlichen.
In MYST geht es darum in eine komplett andere Welt einzutauchen, dieser Welt erlauben deine eigene zu werden, sie zu erforschen damit du sie verstehst.
- Rand Miller
Antworten