Come On ..... Come On It's a Celebration!

This category is for foreign languages. Feel free to contact us.
The.Modificator
Forscher

Beitrag von The.Modificator » 09.08.2005, 20:19

Letzter Beitrag der vorhergehenden Seite:

I've written a small tutorial to get onto the Tapestry Teamspeak server which is used for the one year celebration.

http://home.arcor.de/t.mod/how2teamspeak/

(The link could also be posted on the Tapestry main thread.)

Greetings
The.Modificator
The cake is a lie.
SuperGram
Forscher

Beitrag von SuperGram » 11.08.2005, 21:13

ANNOUNCEMENT: UU ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION CLOSING CEREMONY HAS BEEN CHANGED TO........
SATURDAY AUGUST 13TH AT 3PM EDT

Initially it was announced that our One Year Anniversary Celebration would end on Friday Aug. 12th at Midnight EDT, with the closing ceremony at 8pm EDT. However, because of the difficulties with scheduling to include as many Time Zones in the closing at that hour, the committee has decided to extend the celebration to Saturday.

If the closing were scheduled at 8pm EDT it would be 1am in the morning for the UK and 2am or even 3am for Germany and many in Europe. In addition many here in the US west coast would not be home from work yet. If we scheduled at 9pm EDT to accommodate the west coast it would be even later for those in Europe. On the other hand if we scheduled it earlier, sar around 5pm or 6pm EDT, many in the US would not be able to attend and it would still be rather late for Europe.

This week-long celebration has been an overwhelming success with tremendous outpouring and participation of the entire intershard community. The dedication and hard work of so many who volunteered their time, energy and talents to make this event not only possible but so successful, is beyond any words I can come up with to describe just how grateful I am. So I'll simply say THANKS to all with......((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Now as to the closing ceremony......Over this past week, I have met so many wonderful people from so many countries in the world. Many I have met before and I have come to know throughout my time in UU. Many were new to me and it has been a great pleasure to meet and chat with them. So what I've come up with for the closing it to have as many people as possible, from around the globe, in their own words, on a special channel set up on TeamSpeak, voice what Until Uru means to them. The channel will not be set up as a UU discussion media but as a channel where people can highlight an experience or special memory or just their general feelings about their love of UU. So members of the committee will be around today and tomorrow asking for volunteers in the cavern. Anyone can PM me on the UO or Tapestry forums. I wll post a sign-up sheet on Tapestry forum.

In addition, the day will be filled with parties throughout all hoods and ages. People are encouraged to plan their own parties in their home hood or ages. The three Party Hoods will be available for parties. Ae'gura will also be set up for partying. I hope as many admins as possible will attend and volunteer their special AdminKI talents. We are also looking for someone to host a party in the Pub. Anyone interested in volunteering for that, please PM me on the UO or Tapestry forums. The idea is to make the closing one big party and everyone is encouraged to party hop from one area to another. Things like Marker Hunt games, TAG's WDYS game, Sardines, Tokotah rooftop scope tours and general community interaction is encouraged.....

So Come On....Come On....It's a Celebration. Let's make this closing the greatest experience of the week.......

Here's the link to the TeamSpeak international sign-up sheet....
http://forum.urutapestry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1394

SG

_____

ANKÜNDIGUNG: DIE ABSCHLUSSPARTY DES UU JUBILÄUMS WURDE VERSCHOBEN AUF:

SAMSTAG, 13. AUGUST 3 PM EDT (= 21:00 MESZ?)

Ursprünglich war angekündigt worden, dass das Ende der Jubiläumsfeier am Freitag, den 12 August um Mitternacht EDT sein würde, mit der Abschlussveranstaltung um 8 pm EDT. Wegen Problemen alle Zeitzonen unter einen Hut zu bekommen hat das Komitee nun entschieden, die Feier auf Samstag zu verlängern.

Wenn die Feier um 8 pm EDT enden würde, wäre das um 1 am in Großbritannien und 2 am in Deutschland und vielen anderen Ländern in Europa. Zusätzlich wären die von der US Westküste vermutlich noch nicht Zuhause von der Arbeit. Nach hinten zu verschieben würde es für die Europäer aber noch schwieriger machen. Andererseits, die Abschlussfeier noch früher anzusetzen wäre immer noch spät genug in Europa und viele US Westküstler könnten gar nicht kommen.

Die einen Woche lang dauernde Feier war ein überwältigender Erfolg, mit großer Beteilungung der gesamten intershard Gemeinschaft. Die Hingabe und harte Arbeit von so vielen, die auf freiwilliger Basis ihre Zeit, Energien und Talente zur Verfügung gestellt haben, um diesen Event nicht nur möglich sondern auch so erfolgreich zu machen, ist jenseits aller Worte, die mir einfallen könnten, um auszudrücken, wie dankbar ich bin.
Also sage ich einfach DANKE an alle mit .....((((((((DRÜCK))))))))

Nun zur Abschlussfeier.... in der letzten Woche habe ich so viele wunderbare Menschen aus aller Welt getroffen. Viele habe ich vorher schon getroffen und während meiner Zeit in UU kennen gelernt. Viele kannte ich vorher nicht und es war mir eine große Freude sie zu treffen und mich mit ihnen zu unterhalten.
Was ich mir also für die Abschlussfeier ausgedacht habe ist, dass möglichst viele Leute aus aller Welt auch auf Teamspeak in einen speziellen Channel kommen, um zu erzählen, was UU für sie bedeutet. Es geht nicht darum, in diesem Medium UU zu diskutieren, sondern um einen Kanal, in dem Leute ein Erlebnis, eine besondere Erinnerung oder ihre allgemeinen Gefühle zu ihrer Liebe zu UU ausdrücken können. Mitglieder des Komitees werden sich heute und morgen in den Höhlen nach Freiwilligen erkundigen. Es kann mich auch jeder via UO oder Tapestry Forum per PM erreichen. Auf dem Tapestry-Forum werde ich eine Anmeldungsliste posten.

Zusätzlich wird es natürlich Parties in den Gemeinden und den Zeitaltern geben. Alle sind eingeladen, auch selber in ihren Heimatgemeinden oder eigenen Zeitaltern Partys zu planen. Auch die drei Party-Gemeinden und Ae’gura sind zum Feiern da. Ich hoffe, dass so viele Admins wie möglich kommen werden und ihre speziellen AdminKI-Fähigkeiten zur Verfügung stellen. Wir suchen auch noch jemanden, der im Pub den Gastgeber spielt. Wer Interesse hat, bitte per PM auf UO oder Tapestry melden. Die Idee ist es, eine große Party zu feiern, bei der man auch Party.Hopping machen kann. Auch zu anderen Aktivitäten wie Markerspiele, TAGs WDYS [Was siehst du?] Spiel, Sardinen [Versteckspiel], Tokotahdach Teleskoprundflüge und allgemeine Interaktion in der Gemeinschaft wird ebenfalls eingeladen...

Also “Come On....Come On....It's a Celebration”. Lasst uns die Abschlussfeier zur tollsten Erfahrung der ganzen Woche machen.

Hier ist noch mal die internationale Anmeldungsliste [s.o.] für Teamspeak...

http://forum.urutapestry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1394

SG

Ü: ireen
URU LIVES!!!!!!!
Antworten